Monday, February 14, 2011

Milad un Nabi Greetings

Special guest blogger Yahya bin Layton,
Leader of the New Caliphate Party.

Assalam-O-Alaikum and Milad un Nabi Mubarak!

Milad un Nabi marks the birthday of Prophet Muhammad PBUH. During this special time Muslims are coming together to reflect on Allah’s great Gift PBUH and to renew and reflect on the spirit and faith in Islam.

As we celebrate and reflect on the Messenger PBUH, let us not fail to also reflect on the Message.

I know for example that whenever I reflect on my own tireless work on behalf of our brother Omar Kahdr, I can’t but reflect once again on Sura 5:51 –“Take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends, they are friends with one another.”

Indeed, just reflect on their treatment of our helpless, inoffensive little brother Omar, an infant barely shaving yet.

For as surely as Omar must have reflected on Sura 2:191 –“Kill the disbelievers wherever you find them”, so also does reflecting on al-Bukhari 1:3:111 remind us –“No Muslim should be killed for killing an infidel.” Nor, I would add, after deep reflection of course, condemned to playing volleyball in Gitmo.

As I reflect on Holy Days like today, my heart is always warmed by reflecting on how deeply you, my brothers and sisters, have obviously been reflecting on Sura 28:86 –“Never be a helper to the disbelievers” - to wit: never rat out pals like Omar to the ilthy -fay uffar -kay.

And now, before I return to my own deep personal reflecting, let me wish all of Dar al Salaam a very happy and reflective Milad un Nabi, on behalf of myself, the New Caliphate Party and of course my wives Olivia, Fatima and little Aisha.

No comments: